Hello Camp Enthusiasts,
Despite the cold outside, I am dreaming of warmer days ahead and another camp season around the corner! Registration is set to begin on January 1, 2020 and I am so excited to welcome back seasoned campers as well as new ones looking to experience the great outdoors.
We have lots planned for you this upcoming year, so allow me to share some highlights below:
1. NEW Day Camps added! We heard you and we’re adding even more day camp opportunities in 2020 that will run throughout the season. These camps will be available for campers ages 5-11!
2. NEW VolunTEENS. A chance for highschool teens to volunteer in and around Burlington as well as receive leadership trainings! Hours may be counted towards community service requirements. Special price- $200!
3. NEW Leaders in Training (LIT) and Counselors in Training (CIT) Overnight Camps. Great opportunities to gain self-confidence, grow as leaders, and have fun all at the time! It’s a great mix of the camp you know and love PLUS opportunities to make new friends and learn something new. Keep an eye out on Facebook for a list of our featured trainings.
4. NEW Service Opportunities. In addition to our VolunTEENS camp, we wish to provide campers of all ages with opportunities to give back and perform acts of service for one another and the earth. We’ll be partnering with members of our local community to learn how we can make a difference.
5. NEW Camp Hours. To better accommodate parent schedules, our camp hours have been adjusted to the following: Day Camp now runs 8:30-4:30pm. Overnight Camp runs 4:30pm-Friday 4pm.
6. NEW Jr. Counselor Positions. We’ve added a few new Jr. Counselor positions to our camping team that will assist in our few first weeks of camp. Stay tuned for position details and stipend.
Plus, we’ll be welcoming back many of your camp honored traditions! Campers have come to expect that Rock Point Camp is a familiar place where they can see old friends and make new ones all while enjoying their favorite activities. Whether that’s kayaking, archery, or an arts and crafts project, we’ll be sure to have the things you’ve come to love about this small, outdoor camp.
We encourage you to follow us on our Facebook page to learn more about our upcoming camp offerings and all we have in store!
Looking forward to seeing you in the New Year!
Rock Point Camp Director